“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
Off to the World and Milkz’ Bookshelf nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award and I am unbelievably grateful. Seriously, it feel amazing being nominated for these awards. I really appreciate every single one of you for taking the time to read my blog. ❤
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
- I help coach a colorguard team for my old high school. (The flags that are usually seen with a marching band) It’s incredibly challenging at times but I love each of the kids and the incredible staff.
- I took 7 years of French in high school and college. I can speak it fairly well but only if I’ve been drinking. I’ve been trying to get back into it so I don’t forget everything but living in the US, it’s hard to find people to converse with. If anyone wants to be my French pen pal let me know!
- If I were ever stranded on a deserted island I wouldn’t last long because I can’t fish to save my life and I HATE the taste of coconut.
Questions from Off to the World (These were such hard questions!!)
1. Who is the movie character that inspires you most?
- There are so many! I don’t think I could ever pick just one. (Seriously, these 3 just popped into my head)
- Elizabeth Gilbert from Eat Pray Love was able to pack up and leave everything behind to travel to places she’s never been and she did it alone. I wish I could have that courage.
- Mark Watney from The Martian faced unbelievable odds and still had faith. I honestly believe I would have given up at some point and just broke down.
- Captain Jack Sparrow from The Pirates of the Caribbean is so quirky and is only focused on taking care of himself and his ship. There are times where I wish I wasn’t so worried about what everyone else thinks or does.
2. Two favorite things about blogging!
- Writing and interacting with new people
3. What is the best decision you have ever made in life?
- Ugh… I would have to say most recently, starting my blog. I’ve found something I’m extremely passionate about and want to continue as long as possible. It allows me to talk about anything and everything that’s on my mind. I get to interact with a wide variety of people. And I have found so many new and exciting books I never would have found on my own.
4. Pick an object that in some ways resembles you.
- Can I say my phone? I love talking to people so I’m always texting, I am beyond organized so my phone has all my to-do lists, I like to stay as active as possible on my blog so my phone alerts me of notifications and emails and I’m always reading something so my phone has the kindle app.
5. In which environment do you feel most productive?
- At home, music on full volume, alone, and raining outside.
6. If you could date anyone, in this entire World, who would it be?
- So I don’t know if this is weird/normal but my husband and I talk about this often. I know his gal is Shakira and although I find several men attractive and would date any of them (all Chris’ btw… Yeah I know that’s weird)
There’s one that stands out above all the rest…
Questions from Milkzbookshelf:
- How did you get into book blogging?
- I read a book recently (For the life of me I cannot remember the name so if it sounds familiar to anyone please let me know!) about a girl who has a blog and reads all the time. I thought it would be so much fun to start doing that and the next thing I know I’m here answering these questions.
- What genre of music do you listen to the most?
- Alternative (Goo Goo Dolls, Coldplay, Jack’s Mannequin, Imagine Dragons, Death Cab for Cutie)
- If you could never read a book genre again what would it be?
- Shakespeare (Is that a genre?) or poems. Not my cup of tea. I’m also not a fan of having to decipher what people mean. I can’t read minds ok?!
- What’s your favorite scent?
- Rain. I love love love standing at the window or patio door and watching a thunderstorm roll in with the wind and the mist of rain. It just has a unique calming scent.
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Oi. I’m going to have to say egg. How else would you get a chicken? Although, how would you get an egg without the chicken? The dilemma continues.
I look forward to reading these blogs every time I see a new post and love the content they write, so, I nominate:
- The Bibliophagist
- The Book Nook UK
- Books and Blends
- Bound to Writing
- Brunching Bookworms
- Hello Bexa
- The It Girl
- The Little Booknerds in the Corner
- Perspective of a Writer
- Secret Library Book Blog
- Thrice Read
- Thrifty Bibliophile
*** And anyone else that wants to answer the questions!
These are my questions:
- If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
- Which of your scars has the best story behind it?
- If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
- Funny/Random** What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?